Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hello...


Hello, I'm the Doctor...

...And the teacher, the chef, the best friend, the dog walker, the taxi cab, the horsey, the boobies, the hugger and kisser, the disciplinarian, the comforter, the gymnasium, the search and rescue team (for toys!), the housekeeper, hair stylist, keeper of secrets, diaper stuffer, toy repair woman, champion tickler, tooth brusher, no sleep zombie, professional lullaby singer, stain removing expert, damsel in distress and hero and dragon, clothes seamstress... and the Single Mom.

I always have this constant feeling that I’m doing nothing while at the exact same time doing EVERYTHING. I guess it comes with being a mommy, or maybe just with being female in general. Squeezing in everything seems next to impossible but once I’m done and I get to take a breath (One breath, mind you!) and I look back I just sigh… Was that enough?

Back at the end of May this year I quit my job. Sound scary? Yep, sure was! I quit my job so I can stay home with my daughter, my Mini E. I rolled up my metaphorical sleeves and made a plan. I decided I'd just sew and keep studying to be a doula. That's what I did. I've been sewing like crazy while watching various nerdy/geeky shows on Netflix (Thank you whoever created it!!) and studying, studying, studying. Let me just say it's all paying off.

Every person has a dream. I'm making mine come true. (Sadly, not the one of traveling through time and space in a bigger-on-the-inside blue box.) It's a fight, it's a struggle, but would I change it? No. Doesn't the Doctor always win in the end?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Mommy Is A Nerd. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates