Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Visit From The Doctor...


"Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a Dalek was exterminating, not even a mouse 
The stockings were hung by the TARDIS with care, In the hopes that The Doctor soon would be there. 
The companions were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of cybermen danced in their heads…"


Aaaaaactually…
It was Christmas Eve. My mom and sister had decided to stay the night so that they could be here in the morning when Emmy woke up and saw what Santa brought. Emmy was running around playing with the new things that she had already gotten that night. I was sewing like a mad woman on my embroidery machine. My mom decided to try and lay down with Em to get her to sleep. That's when it all began…
While laying in bed with mom, Emmy heard a noise. Mom told her she needed to go to sleep or Santa wouldn't bring her toys. It took about 2.595969 seconds for her to be in my arms because she was terrified the noise was Santa coming to steal me away. I got her calm and situated in my arms a bit better to where she could nurse and I could sew.
Suddenly, she told me Santa scared her. She didn't want him to come to her house. She was afraid he might hurt one of us. She couldn't go to sleep if he was coming. I didn't know what to do.
Then, I had a great idea! The Doctor could bring her toys!
I said "Hey Em, can the Doctor bring your toys instead of Santa?" Her eyes lit up. She nodded and smiled, never stopping nursing. Within seconds, literally, she was asleep. *Super Mommy Moment!*
So Mom and I welcomed the Doctor in to set all her gifts up. He wrote little notes on her magnetic boards. She loved every last bit of it the next morning and thanked the him over and over.
I just love my little geeky child!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Mommy Is A Nerd. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates