Sunday, May 11, 2014

Apples Are Rubbish!

The Doctor: Can I have an apple? All I can think about. Apples. I love apples. Maybe I'm having a craving. That's new. Never had cravings before. Woah! Look at that. 
The DoctorThat's disgusting. What is that 
Amelia: An apple. 
The Doctor: Apple's rubbish. I hate apples. 
Amelia: You said you liked them.   
The Doctor: No no no. I like yogurt. Yogurt's    my favorite. Gimme yogurt.


So I made apple sauce tonight....


It was simple and I'm going to tell you how to do it too. It's also a very healthy option as it has no added sugar.

Here is most of what you will need, plus cinnamon, a pot, spoon, and a potato masher, blender, or food processor-


I used organic apples so I knew it had no extra nasties in it. They cost like $0.50 more than the non-organic ones.

Then I peeled them all, used my apple/slicer to cut it, then cut it further into small chunks to make it cook faster.


Put it all in a pot with 1/2 cup of water or so to cover the bottom of the pot. Add as much cinnamon as you like. That part is totally up to you. Bring it all to a boil then put on the lid and simmer until it's all soft. Keep it stirred. Took 15-20 minutes.


Next part is also to your preference. Take the pot off the fire. You can either use a potato masher for chunkier apple sauce or do like me and put it through the food processor or blender. I make some popsicles for Em a healthier cool treat and put the rest in the fridge for us to snack on.


See, super duper easy. You can do it too.  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Mommy Is A Nerd. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates