Friday, January 4, 2013

All You Need Is... Chocolate... and a Sonic Screwdriver.

 I expect chocolate for breakfast. If you don't feel sick by mid-morning you're not doing it right.
-The Doctor Ganger, The Almost People 

Happiness is chocolate. And Doctor Who.

Today we kinda pigged out. Emmy and I went to the post office, the bank, and the fabric shop today. It took us two hours so I decided we needed a reward- Chocolate covered pretzels! We munched on them  as we rode home and the last few snuggling on the couch to get warm again. Chocolate memories are some of the best ones.



I went to the fabric shop today just to buy light blue and white fabric. Well, Emmy saw Mickey Mouse fabric. She turned and looked at me with those big, gorgeous, blue eyes. "Mama... Will yous make me a Mickey Mouse dress?" Of course I couldn't say no. I simply picked up the bolt, shaking my head, and put it into the cart. She wanted her mommy to make her a dress! Melted my heart.  :-D

Tonight were just kinda sitting there, snuggling under the covers when I had a brilliant idea. GET OUT THE SONIC SCREWDRIVERS! I ran to my room and grabbed the two I bought on sale before Christmas. After putting in the batteries backwards then finally getting them back out and back in, we ran around "sonicing" everything. Emmy had 11's and I had 9/10's. I think we drove my cousin a bit insane. You know what though? We don't care! LOL.



Tonight were just kinda sitting there, snuggling under the covers when I had a brilliant idea. GET OUT THE SONIC SCREWDRIVERS! I ran to my room and grabbed the two I bought on sale before Christmas. After putting in the batteries backwards then finally getting them back out and back in, we ran around "sonicing" everything. Emmy had 11's and I had 9/10's. I think we drove my cousin a bit insane. You know what though? We don't care! LOL.


After sonicing the entire house, we'd worked up an appetite. We decided muffins sounded yummy so.... MUFFINS IT WAS. I let Emmy stand on a [sturdy] chair next to me and we mixed it all up and got them in the oven. She is just too freakin adorable when she's all proud like that. Here are pics of us baking:





In the end, she stole the bowl and attempted to eat all the rest of the batter in it. She got a few licks in before I wrestled it away. The muffins were pretty nummy. We all ate one tonight and saved one for a rather delicious, if not nutritious, breakfast. (Emmy can't live without fruit at breakfast, too, though!)

Tonight, I'm going to sew my pretty little tail off. Let's see in tomorrow's post what I accomplished!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Mommy Is A Nerd. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates