Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Making Myself A Healthier Life

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn

 So yeah, it's 4 am and I'm sitting here eating a brownie and thinking about healthier living. Yeah, a bit counter productive. Not feeling very good though. I've really cut back a lot lately though and I'm proud of me. My ultimate goal will be to cut out all processed foods and make everything I possibly can. I am well aware this is a daunting task, especially being a single mom who will likely soon be working full time. (Finding a job I can take the kiddo with!) But hey, why couldn't I do it? It's only our health.


 Starting next week I'm going to be blogging about adding in healthier practices to my life. I'm going to be adding in even more healthy personal care to my routine.

I already-

  • Use baking soda in place of shampoo
  • Use apple cider vinegar in place of conditioner
  • Use coconut oil in place of hair styling products
  • Clean my face with coconut oil/grapeseed extract/orange eo mix
  • Use cloth pads for my period
I will be adding in homemade, healthier-

  • Mouthwash
  • Toothpaste
  • Body wash
  • Deodorant
  • Hand soap
And I will also be oil pulling with coconut oil.

In the future I plan to add-

  • Dishwasher soap
  • Laundry soap
  • Un-paper towels
  • Cloth toilet paper
  • Cloth napkins
  • Cloth tissues
I think the most "weird" of all these for people is the cloth toilet paper. For me, I use cloth pads and used cloth diapers with Emmy so it's really not that much of a farfetched idea. I will be using a peri bottle (like you come home with after a vaginal birth) in conjunction with the cloths. They will go in a special lidded bin beside the toilet. I will also have actual toilet *paper* for visitors who wish to use it.  

I'm looking into a Y membership. I'm going to see how much assistance I can get for Emmy and I towards the membership because I think it would be a great benefit to us both. 

So yeah. I'll get there. I AM getting there. It's a work in progress, not an overnight change. Wish me luck!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Mommy Is A Nerd. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates